Knitted Finger Puppets

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Here is a cute little tutorial that I posted on Crafster several years ago. I just pulled these little guys out of my diaper bag today before I threw it in the wash. They have held up quite well and the kids love using them in the car. 

All were made with worsted weight yarn from my scrap stash. Knitted on size 3mm Double Pointed Kneedles. Cast on 15 stitches and divide btw 3 needles. Knit in the round for about 20-25 rows. Decrease row: K2tog, knit 1 K2tog. Knit 1 row. Next decrease row: K2tog, knit 1. Knit 1 row. Break yarn and draw through all sts. 

Instructions for individual animals are after each picture.
All the animals:


Zebra:

Knit 3 rows of white, 1 row black. repeat twice. FInnish in white. To make ears, pick up 2 stitches on side of head knit 3 rows, K2tog, break yarn and fasten. To make the hair, usingblack tie a row of knots and trim to desired length. Embrioder nose and eyes. For tail use 3 strands of black and braid.

Elephant:

For nose cast on 3 sts and work in I-cord until desired length. Ears cast on 5 sts work 2 rows then decrease every other row until 2 sts, break yarn and draw through.

Lion:

work in one colour, embroider face. To make the mane I tied individual strands all around the face, trim to desired lenth.

Tiger:

Knit 5 rows of orange, 2 black, repeat finishing top with orange. Ears are worked the same as zebra minus a row, in black.

Monkey:

Ears are same as tiger, tail knit in I-cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment