Preschool Prewriting Activities!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012


Before we started School this year I had no idea that was such a thing as prewriting activities! I jumped right into writing with tracing letters and numbers. It was a bit discouraging to my kindergardener who was reluctant to write. Enter prewriting! This is where your youngster can trace or make shapes with their hands to get used to those motor skills that are used in writing!

In the picture about, my middle guy is using a sheet that I made up in Word and laminated. We use a dry erase marker or his finger to trace over the lines and shapes (as you can see by the marker on his face!).

Here are some sources for some great prewriting ideas!


What rewriting activités do you like to do with your preschooler?

No comments:

Post a Comment