Recipe Collection: Southwest Veggie Dip

Monday, September 19, 2011


Recently I was enjoying some of my favourite store bought veggie dip, it was spicy it was smokey... it had chicken fat as one of the ingredients!? I almost gagged when I read through the ingredient list. How disappointing! I was craving some of that very dip yesterday, so I decided to try and make my own version of it and here it is!


Spicy Southwest Veggie Dip:

1/2 container (8 oz.) Sour cream
1-2 T mayo (this is optional, some people steer clear of mayo)
1/4 onion minced
1 T garlic Powder (use less if you don't like a strong garlic taste)
1 t Paprika
1t Cumin
1 t parsley or cilantro
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
salt to taste

Combine all ingredients and let rest for about 1 hour, to blend the flavours. Serve with veggies of your choice! Be careful not to lick the bowl in front of other people, because you are going to want to!


 YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment